Date: August 4, 2016
The Central Committee meeting of the Communist Party of Nepal (Revolutionary Maoist) was held from July 31 to August 3, 2016 under the chairmanship of comrade Kiran, at Buddhanagar party office. The decisions taken by the meeting have been publicized through this communiqué as follows.
- In the beginning of the meeting, emotional homage was paid to the entire brave immortal martyrs of revolution including great people’s war and mass movement by observing one minute silence.
- Chairman Comrade Kiran presented a verbal report on different issues including organization and struggle in the meeting and the very report, after discussion, was unanimously adopted with necessary amendments.
- Some of the responsible comrades have been included in the unfilled positions of the CC. In the same manner, some of the comrades have been included in the central advisory committee. In addition to this, necessary work-division has been done for the central committee members.
- A decision has been taken to form a united front under the leadership of comrade C.P. Gajurel and its national convention has been decided to organize soon.
- Decision has been taken to efficiently mobilise the entire party rank around ideology, organisation and economic management in a centralised and consolidated manner in order to prepare for revolution and develop struggle.
- On struggle, the decisions have been taken to:
- Develop struggle on national independence and the hydropower projects including upper Karnali in a systematic way and organise protest all across the country on September 9, 2016.
- Submit on August 31, 2016 a memorandum before the Prime Minister on the landless peasants’ problem and organise protest in various districts.
- Oppose corruption, commission, price hike and black-marketing and launch struggle on the issues including reconstruction for the quake victims, on behalf of the united front and mass organisations.
- Keep up with additional programmes of struggle on the burning issues like national independence, democracy and people’s livelihood.
- Launch struggles creatively taking into account of the states’ and districts’ situation.
- On the line of demarcation proposed by government in the local level we hold a view that:
- Though some of the issues including republic, secularism, federalism, proportional representation seem to be quantitatively and partly positive, we disagree with and oppose to the constitution because it protects in total the old state power.
- The line of demarcation taken up by the government seems unable to deliver identity, reach and representation of the concerned and it is in opposition to the concept of federalism.
- The concept of maintaining districts and wards intact is wrong.
- The population has been fixed mechanically with no attention to the territory.
- On account of the fact that it has been difficult for people to work with the local bodies because they are unnecessarily big in terms of territory, we have decided to put forward our disagreement and opposition to bodies in concern.
Finally, laying emphasis on the need to firmly implement decisions taken by the party, chairman comrade Kiran concluded the meeting.
CPN (Revolutionary Maoist)