The historical National Convention (rastriya bhela ) of Nepal Communist Party (Revolutionary Maoist) held in Kathmandu from June 20-22, 2016, was successfully over. The programs of the national convention and its decisions are made public by means of this press release.
- The Inaugural Session of the national convention started on June 20 at 2:30pm at the City Hall of Kathmandu. The inaugural session was chaired by Com. Mohan Vaidya “Kiran” and conducted by Com. C. P. Gajurel “Gaurab”.
- At the beginning, international anthem of the communists was chorused in group with Samana Pariwar artists.
- The welcome speech was delivered by organization bureau member of the central committee Com. Pari Thapa.
- All delegates of the national convention observed a silence for a minute and paid their heartfelt tribute to the martyrs of Nepal and world revolution.
- Com. Kiran inaugurated the national convention and delivered an inaugural speech. In his inaugural speech, he highlighted that the party has marvelously achieved grand victory ideologically and politically over rightist neo-revisionists in two-line struggle.
- The inaugural session was closed after the Central Advisory Committee Chair Com. Om Gurung and other leaders from various sister organizations of the party gave their speeches for the grand success of the national convention.
- From the early morning of June 21, the closed session of the national convention started at New Om Sai Party Palace in Kathmandu. The closed session was also chaired by Co. Kiran and conducted by Com. Gaurab. In the closed session, Com Kiran presented political report and the organization bureau member of the Central Committee Com. Ramsingh Shris presented the draft constitution of the party for discussion and adoption.
- After the presentation of the political report and the draft constitution, delegates of the national convention were divided into 19 groups for further discussion.
- After an elaborate discussion on the political report and draft constitution within their own groups, the delegates presented their group opinions and raised various queries and questions of their concerns. The presenters of the political report and draft constitution then answered to the queries and questions of the delegates with detailed clarifications. The national convention then unanimously adopted the very important resolutions of political report and draft constitution without any reservations. The main points of the political report are:
- The report has briefly assessed the national and international political circumstances. It says that there is an increasing amount of globalized imperialist domination and intervention around the world. In Nepal, the imperialist intervention, particularly Indian expansionist intervention is growing. The domination and oppression of the comprador bureaucratic capitalist and feudal state power is also speeding up. Although our party NCP (Revolutionary Maoist) takes the republic, secularism, federalism, proportional inclusive representation that are inscribed in the constitution as a partial achievement, in general, the constitution is reactionary and it serves the interest of reactionary state power. Therefore, we emphasize that there is a need to protest against such a reactionary state power, constitution and parliamentary system and expose them to the general public.
- Compared to the objectively favorable conditions, the subjective conditions are unfavorable for the revolution both in the world as well as in Nepal. In such a situation, to alter unfavorable conditions to favorable ones, we should emphasize to reorganize the revolutionary international movement and reconsolidate revolutionary communist party and we should seriously speed up the preparation of new democratic revolution.
- In the context of globalized imperialism, expansionism and international communist movement, we should positively and objectively study the communist movement of Nepal from the world perspective of dialectical and historical materialism and prepare the fundamental strategies and tactics with a view to improve and to sharpen our strategies. For that we feel the need of the national convention. But it was not practically possible in a situation of two line struggle within our own party which ultimately resulted in a party split. We have now decided to hold a bigger national convention in the month of coming Fagun (Feb/March 2017) with all preparation.
- The former United Communist Party (Maoist) or the Maoist Center at present, has not only turned to be the rightist neo-revisionist, it has also rolled back to the retrogression. Because of it, our party has cancelled the party unity with it. However, our party, in principle, still agrees to have party unity and party polarization with other true communists and revolutionary Maoist forces on the basis of ideological, political and organizational principles. Our party will not involve itself in a party unity or party polarization processes with any other political forces in hurry unless we do not have a common concept about political ideology and working strategies.
- The Central Committee has been entrusted with the responsibility to prepare plan and programs of party organization and struggle.
- Our party has decided to launch various programs of our own in our own initiatives on the issues of nationality, democracy, and peoples’ livelihoods. Under the favorable circumstances, our party will also have a work unity with other revolutionary and democratic political forces on matters of common concerns.
- After the presentation of political report and draft constitution and their adoption by the delegates of the national meeting, Com. Gaurab presented 28 point resolutions on current issues of Nepal which were unanimously adopted by the meeting.
- Towards the end of the meeting, the Central Secretariat Member of the National Convetion Management Committee Com. Dinesh Sharma presented the report of the management which was also unanimously adopted by the delegates of the national convention.
- At the end, with his short concluding remarks, the Chair of the national convetion Com. Kiran declared the formal closing of the historical national convetion by saying its successful completion.